Blogs > Rutgers Rundown

Devoted to the daily goings on with Rutgers football, both at High Point Solutions Stadium and behind the scenes.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Big Ten conditions lead Rutgers quarterback Gary Nova to glove on throwing hand

(AP photo)
By Tyler Barto
Twitter: @Tyler_Barto
tbarto@trentonian.com

PISCATAWAY â€” He likely won't be dealing with Buffalo-like conditions, but Gary Nova is already planning ahead for potentially freezing weather Saturday at Michigan State.

For starters, he may wear a glove on his throwing hand â€” and off hand â€” for the first time on the road during his Rutgers career.

"I used to do it in high school," Nova said Tuesday. "I didn't do it my first three years here, but I kind of started doing it in practice. I just like the feel of it. The glove I have now is a little bit lighter, tight to my hand, so it feels good."

MORE: Leonte Carroo's ready for Michigan State's 'No fly zone' secondary

Nova, at times, has worn a glove on his off hand during colder conditions. A Nike glove wrapped his throwing hand during Saturday's game against Indiana. He had been searching for a proper fit.

"It feels pretty natural," he said. "I don't really have huge hands, so it helps me get some grip on the ball. I think it's an advantage."

East Lansing's weather report calls for temperatures in the low-40s with a chance of rain. Rutgers dealt with mid-20s cold with strong winds Tuesday, but head coach Kyle Flood didn't notice an effect.

"Once you get moving around you really don't feel it," Flood said. "It's really the guys standing around, like the coaches, that feel it."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home