Blogs > Rutgers Rundown

Devoted to the daily goings on with Rutgers football, both at High Point Solutions Stadium and behind the scenes.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

VIDEO: Rutgers football commit Ronnie James signs his National Letter of Intent



By Tyler Barto 
Twitter: @Tyler_Barto
tbarto@trentonian.com

GLASSBORO — Rutgers commit Ronnie James made his signing official Wednesday, along with teammate Juwan Johnson, who's committed to Penn State.

Chances are, James could've given Rutgers a verbal commit much earlier when he met with head coach Kyle Flood last summer.

"He was like, ‘You might as well just sign now.’ I was like, ‘I think I’ll wait.’ He was just being funny," James said of Flood at Glassboro High. "I was laughing with him. I wanted to wait, because I knew it would be a special moment when I did do it.”

James is the younger brother of Rutgers running back Paul James, who has rushed for 1,244 yards and 14 touchdowns in only 13 career games because of injury.

There's more from James's National Signing Day to come, but check out some of the photos and videos from the Gloucester County school below. You can follow along on Twitter @Tyler_Barto.



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home