Blogs > Rutgers Rundown

Devoted to the daily goings on with Rutgers football, both at High Point Solutions Stadium and behind the scenes.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Six-for-six: Rutgers' most exciting Big Ten players of the future

(AP photo)
By Tyler Barto
Twitter@Tyler_Barto
tbarto@trentonian.com

EDITOR'S NOTE: This is the second in a six-part entry series each day in which Rutgers players reflect on their first season in the Big Ten. 

Each post will cover a different topic of the season. Today, six list the players they're most looking forward to see take the field next for Rutgers. See Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4 and Part 5 here.


Rutgers' first Big Ten season held breakout potential for several players. Who are Rutgers players most excited to see play in the future?


Gary Nova: "I think (Chris) Laviano. Being with him these past two years, he and I have developed a pretty good relationship. I'm really excited with what he's going to do with the quarterback position. I'm hoping he wins, and if he does win the competition I think he'll have a lot of success here."

Kaleb Johnson: "Definitely Keith Lumpkin, that's my man. Those two running backs we've got, (Robert) Martin and (Josh) Hicks. I can't wait to see how their careers go. That's a one-two punch. I'm very excited to see where they are in a couple years."

Darius Hamilton: "The young defensive line is going to be very good. I think the young running backs are going to be good. I'm really excited to come back and be able to see my roommates, Derrick (Nelson) and Julian (Pinnix-Odrick). I'm sure they're going to be doing great things here by the time (they're done)."

Michael Burton: "When I come back, I'm going to want to see a guy like P.J. (James). I played with him for so long. Unfortunately he went down with a season-ending injury. The two young running backs, really all the running backs. ... I look at a guy like Brandon Russell. He's a guy who I really like. He works really hard, quiet guy, does what he has to do. I definitely just see him grow and develop."

Kevin Snyder: "I want to come back and see how (Steve) Longa's doing. That's my guy there. I want to come back and see Dre Boggs. I want to see him locking people up left and right."

Leonte Carroo: "I'm just going to say Joshua Hicks. I like Josh personally. He and I just have a cool relationship. He spent Thanksgiving with me, and he's just a great player. Honestly, I told him on Thanksgiving when he came into the season in training camp that I didn't think he was going to be that good. He turned out to be really, really good."

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home