Blogs > Rutgers Rundown

Devoted to the daily goings on with Rutgers football, both at High Point Solutions Stadium and behind the scenes.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Rutgers' Darius Hamilton to fans: "You're with us or against us"



By Tyler Barto
Twitter: @Tyler_Barto
tbarto@trentonian.com

PISCATAWAY — Darius Hamilton said Thursday he aimed a series of tweets he posted on Twitter the night before at fans skeptical about Rutgers, especially as it enters the Big Ten.

"I'm a guy who just sits back and just watches things, sees how things play out," Hamilton said. "One thing I don't like when there's just people who have negative things to say or people who just feel like it's a burden to be a fan. I know how hard we work. I know there's going to be great things to come for us. If you're a part of it, I would love you to be a part of it. We don't have time for people who don't believe in us.

"I needed to clear my head. I had some things on my chest I needed to get off. I did my best to be as respectful as possible. You're either with us or you're not with us. We don't have time for anybody on the fence. That's basically what I really meant."


Rutgers' Nadir Barnwell remembers off-field issues, says he learned from freshman year

Hamilton, a former five-star recruit, finished with a team-high 11.5 tackles for loss last year and 4.5 sacks.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home